Yahoo Two-Step Authentication
Yahoo takes care of the mail account security and hence, it comes with Two-Factor Authentication that is also known as Two-Step Authentication. It requires two methods to get access to a program or application. You might also be asked to identify a picture that you have chosen as proof to claim that it is you.
Use Two-Step with Phone Verification
You will receive a text or call with a new code that needs to be entered or signed in. The phone number for the call might be different every time.
Enable 2-Step for Phone
- You can sign in to your Yahoo Account Security Page
- Go to the Two-Step Verification, click on ‘Turn on Two-Step Verification
- Then, click on Get Started and choose Phone Number for Two-Step Verification method
- Follow the on-screen instructions to finish the entire procedure
Sign in Yahoo with Two-Step for Phone
You easily can sign in to Yahoo mail with Two-Step after enabling it and for that-
- Login to your Yahoo account by entering your Password
- Now, enter the verification code that is sent to the Phone
- At last, you can click on Verify to allow access to the account
Disable Two-Step Verification
If you ever want to deactivate the two-step verification in the Yahoo account, follow the below-given steps to complete the procedure-
- Click on the Gear icon in your Yahoo account appears in the top-right corner of the screen and then, a drop-down menu will appear
- After that, click on the Account info option from the drop-down menu. You will be redirected to the Account Info page
- Click on the Account Security under the Account Info page at the left-hand side panel
- After that, go to the Two-Step Verification option under the Account Security and click on the “Slider” icon
- This will disable the two-step verification feature for the Yahoo Account
Yahoo will need more than the password but only in case if two-step verification is enabled. Enabling 2FA is an ideal way to keep your account completely secured. In case, if Yahoo’s account has been hacked then, contact Yahoo experts for help regarding the same.